Saturday, April 3, 2010

joy comes in the mo(u)rning

today was the 5 year anniversary of my grandpa russman passing. it didn't occur to me until this afternoon but when it did, when i realized the similarities of life around me, it came back stronger. i remember watching my spartans play some great basketball and getting that call from my mom telling me to come home. i remember being there at his bedside talking about basketball and how much i loved him and that we'd all be ok, he could go. and i remember seeing that last breath. that's an odd moment to live through. and from there i remembered how much our family has been through in the past 5 years, how if we all hadn't had such wonderful examples of what it means to love, we wouldn't be where we are. there is no stronger bond. i love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment